Christmas in Salem
Presented by Historic Salem, Inc
Friday Night Candlelight Preview Tour, December 6, 2013, 5:30-8:30 p.m.; for advance ticket holders only
Saturday, December 7, 10:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 8, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Historic homes, decorated for the holidays by local designers, florists and garden clubs.
- Friday night Candlelight Tour of selected houses
- Complimentary Salem Trolley Service
- Restaurant, Shopping and Attractions Discounts
- A Holiday Concert
- Walking Tours and/or lectures
- Wine Tastings at Salem Wine Imports
- A Christmas Tea at the historic Hawthorne Hotel
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Advance tickets are $25 for Historic Salem, Inc. members and $30 for non-members. Tickets for the Friday night Candlelight Tour MUST be purchased in advance.
Tickets may be purchased in advance until 5:00 PM on Wednesday, December 4, 2013, in the following ways:
- Online (October 1 to December 4, 2013, 5:00 PM):
- $30 General Public
- $25 Historic Salem, Inc. members
- Join Historic Salem, Inc.
- By phone. Call Historic Salem, Inc. at 978-745-0799.
- At Historic Salem Inc.’s office, 9 North Street, Salem. (Call first to ensure office is open.)
- At specified retail locations to be announced
Redeem your advance receipt for a program book that will serve as your ticket for entry to the homes. For the Friday night Candlelight Tour, receipts may be redeemed at any of the featured homes. On Saturday and Sunday, redeem your receipt at tour headquarters.
On Saturday and Sunday, tickets may be purchased at tour headquarters for $35.
Remember to keep your program book for entry each day of the tour.
Our headquarters on tour days will in a general location close to all of the Christmas in Salem action. Headquarters will be open for ticket sales at 10:00 AM on both Saturday an Sunday. Those who purchased tickets in advance may redeem them for program books a this time as well.
- Parking locations close to the tour neighborhood will be announced. In addition, the City of Salem offers many parking options, including metered lots at Sewall Street, Crombie Street, Riley Plaza, Front Street and Church Street, and covered garages at Museum Place and South Harbor. The best way to access the tour from all parking locations is by trolley. Those driving may wish to stop at tour headquarters to redeem or purchase tickets, then drive nearby parking, if available.
- Direction from the MBTA station will be shared when the tour neighborhood is announced.
The trolley service will be determined when the tour neighborhood is determined. The Christmas in Salem committee and Salem Trolley will plan a loop to connect tourgoers with the historic homes, downtown Salem attractions, and transportation options to make your days flawless.
- Out of courtesy to our homeowners and their historic floors, please do not wear high heels.
- Please do not bring children younger than six unless carried in a Snugli.
- Food and drink are not allowed in any of the homes.
Save the dates
for the 2014 Christmas in Salem Tour:
December 5-7, 2014.